A Look Back / The Pupprosal

Monday, March 25, 2013

It’s so crazy to think that on August 6, 2011, we brought home Vega and got engaged, then we planned a wedding for a year - and now we are married! I loved every little bit of the proposal and our engagement, so here’s a look back...


I have always loved dogs and never really had one growing up. So I knew that when the time was right (if there ever was a right time), that I would want to get one someday. And after Josh and I had bought our first home together, I (secretly?) began researching breeders in Virginia. It wasn't secret for very long, because every week (sometimes every day), I would send emails to Josh: Look at this one!..Sooo cute!...I need this puppy!...That face!

We eventually found a breeder and had made plans to finally pick up the newest member of our family that day - a little girl yellow Labrador Retriever puppy! I had been so busy the past few days with puppy preparations, all while Josh was busy on his own with engagement preparations. But seriously - I would have never thought to be getting a ring AND a puppy on the same day!

Prior to picking up Vega, Josh had suggested that we drive to James Madison University - where we both graduated from - because the weather was supposed to be nice in the afternoon. So a few hours later, we finally arrive at our old stomping grounds with our sweet little Vega.

We get to the quad and begin setting up stuff for a picnic. It was a gorgeous day and we pretty much had the quad to ourselves because fall semester had not yet started. It just so happened that it was our monthly anniversary that day, and usually we try to do something each month around that time - rent a movie, make a special dinner, etc. We are always so busy and set in our ways and normal routines, that I like to take note of this date and do something nice for one another. Anyways, after we had had lunch, Josh mentioned that he had a gift for me. Not surprising at all, because I had a gift for him, too (which was a t-shirt!).

I opened my gift and it was a picture frame with a letter he had typed to me. It was about how excited he was to start this new family with Vega and a bunch of other sweet things about us and our relationship. After I finished reading it, I put the frame down and Josh is down on one knee in the middle of the quad. I can’t even begin to describe how amazing those few moments were (and I don’t remember much) - but I said yes! Lots of happy tears and phone calls later, we could not wait to get home to share the news (and ring! and puppy!) with our closest friends and family.

Whenever I see Vega, I never forget how incredible that day was and she will always be my little engagement pup. GO DUKES!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground