DIY Small Paper Bunting

Sunday, March 17, 2013



I wanted to make a small paper bunting to hang on my card basket. I've made paper buntings similar to this before and it's so easy, you'll want to make them all the time! They're even perfect for gift baskets for family and friends, and are relatively inexpensive - you can probably just use supplies that you already have at home.

And what's great is that you don't even need a fancy program to make this - I just used Microsoft Word, inserted a triangle shape, and added letters using a font that matched my wedding theme. You could even just cut out your triangle shapes and use letter stickers if you didn't have a printer.
Supplies
Card stock, scissors, paper cutter, string or twine, glue gun (or regular glue would work)
Steps
  1. Design your bunting.
  2. Print onto card stock. I used Staples Card Stock, which I also ended up using for my programs.
  3. Cut out the individual pieces. I used the paper cutter just so that the edges were all straight, but regular scissors should do the trick.
  4. Spell or space out the order of the pieces.
  5. Hot glue the pieces onto the twine.
  6. Attach as desired to your card box or basket.
I usually won’t cut the twine until my bunting is done, just so that the length of the twine is equal on both ends. Also, for the triangle shape I used when designing in Word, I changed the border color to be a very faint gray, that way it wasn’t so heavy and black when it was printed. I usually prefer to print the outlines on the back of the card stock (so that you never see it), but it’s usually a lot easier to do that with larger square shapes.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground