Happy 2nd Birthday, Puppy!

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

As many of you know, I love celebrating anything. Especially birthdays. Maybe I tend to go a little overboard sometimes and I'm pretty sure my husband thinks I'm crazy. Although, I do think he secretly enjoys it! So anyways, with Vega's 2nd birthday approaching - I was busy running around and preparing for our mini-celebration. Josh was also coming home after spending a month in India for his job, so even more reason to celebrate!

Vega on the day we took her home!

On Vega's birthday eve, I made my first ever dog peanut butter cupcakes from a recipe I found on The Scrumptious Pumpkin. They were super easy to make and it was perfect because I already had most of the ingredients at home. I ended up using whole wheat flour and vegetable oil instead (as I didn't have canola oil) and ditching the cupcake liners. I also added a dash of peanut butter to the cupcake mix (the recipe only used it for the frosting). They turned out great and didn't taste too bad - yes, I took a bite!

And being the ridiculous dog pawrent that I am, I also made her a special birthday hat and banner (tutorials coming soon!). I set up her birthday display outside on our patio using the wooden crates from our wedding, along with a photo of Vega as a puppy and some of her favorite Milkbone treats. Vega is one lucky and loved pup!

We can't wait to post-celebrate with her other puppy pals later this summer!

The birthday dog!

DIY birthday hat and banner.

My happy girl and her homemade cupcake. Cupcake stand from Bed Bath & Beyond.

Peanut butter cupcake = great success!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground