Caleb's One Month Update + Monthly Favorites

Monday, June 29, 2015


I can't believe Caleb is one month old! Josh and I no longer have a little newborn baby. We are enjoying every minute of this new change in our life and it's been both exhausting and amazing at the same time. Josh and I love learning more and more about Caleb each day!


The evenings have been the most challenging so far. We are still trying to get into a good routine with the little guy and I hear it gets a little better around months four to five. Some nights are great and some nights are absolutely tough. Josh used to give me a hard time because I'm a deep sleeper and would always sleep through everything. And on weekends, I would be the one sleeping in. But now, I'm up right away if I hear Caleb stirring around in his bassinet or I'm always checking to see if he's breathing during the middle of the night.

The pups are adjusting to having their little brother around all the time. So far, they've been doing really well around him, they just get a little too excited here and there and don't realize how big they are compared to the baby. Our younger pup, Luna, is a lot more gentle around Caleb than we thought she would be!


Recovering from delivery took awhile but I'm feeling great now and looking forward to getting back into shape. For any mama-to-be's, it's so important to make sure that you're taking care of yourself post-delivery, even if it feels like there are a thousand other things going on. Take advantage of any sleep and/or help you can get. And if that isn't an option, just remember that it will get better! I know that the first few days and even weeks were rough, but I had such a great support system through Josh and our family and friends that it made the transition to mommyhood a little easier.

So far, Caleb has had quite the busy month! We drove up to Maine to visit Josh's family when Caleb was about four weeks old. This was the first time we traveled to Maine without the pups, so I was definitely a little sad that they weren't with us. Caleb was most excited about meeting his great-grandparents: Gumpy and Meme!

Caleb and his great-grandparents. Gumpy recently passed away and we are so 
thankful for the little time he was able to spend with Caleb.

Just hanging out with Mommy and Daddy in Maine!

Caleb's first road trip = success! Moose Toy / Knot Hat / Mittens

With the warmer spring weather we've been having, we've been able to take full advantage of outdoor activities. We've been taking Caleb on so many walks throughout the neighborhood and we've started to visit wineries again! That first time I had more than one glass of wine was ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING.

 Caleb and his chubby cheeks at Music in the Park. Striped Bodysuit / Pants

We were so excited that Josh's family decided to visit us again during Memorial Day weekend. Usually we only see his family two-three times a year, and we've already seen them three times since Caleb was born! Our weekend started with an early visit to Arlington National Cemetery and then to The Bullpen for a going away party for one of our close friends.


Anthony's moving to the west coast. We'll miss you!

We also went to one of our favorite wineries, the beautiful Bluemont Vineyard. If you live in Virginia and haven't been to this winery yet, go! The views in itself are amazing and worth the trip. Just make sure to get their early if you want to get a table on the upper deck patio - this place fills up quickly when the weather is nice on weekends.


Love this little family of mine! 

On our way back from the winery, we saw a sign for Dirt Farm Brewing that just opened up right next door. So of course we had to check it out and wow - the views might even be better than the winery. We were able to talk to one of the owners and they had only been open for a few days. Definitely check this place out if you want a brew with a view!

A good beer on a beautiful day. Doesn't get much better than this!

As I'm getting ready to head back to work next month, I'm soaking in as many mommy and Caleb dates as I can. I'm really going to miss spending all day with my little man!

  • Has outgrown his newborn clothing (that's my chubby monster!)
  • Loves to hold your finger
  • Eats every 2-3 hours
  • Loves when you talk to him
  • Is always stretching his arms and moving his legs
  • Is starting to coo
  • Is staying awake longer through the day
  • Still likes to be swaddled
  • Is getting used to the idea of tummy time
  • Loves taking a bath!


Daddy's Favorite One Month Moment: Meeting his great-grandfather, Gumpy.

Mommy's Favorite One Month Moment: Celebrating my first Mother's Day! It's surreal sometimes that I've always celebrated my own mother every year of my entire life and for the first time, this is one special day that I get to be a part of. I always knew being a mom would be hard work, but I have such a newfound appreciation for everything that my mom has done for me and my brother and sister.

Looking Forward To: More Caleb smiles!
  • There is NOTHING better in the world than baby snuggles (puppy snuggles is a close second)
  • We call Caleb by so many random nicknames more than his real name
  • I've never hated my dogs more than when they bark and wake up a sleeping baby
  • If I get to shower before 8pm, then it's been a good day
  • I've perfected eating while holding a baby (Josh: "What's that on his face? -Me: "Oops, that's some of my chicken panini")
  • We stopped using those plush changing pad covers because Caleb basically peed on them (and us) everyday
  • Somehow I've managed to be a functioning human being on 1-2 hours of sleep
  • Baby socks never stay on!
  • I'm still wearing my maternity jeans and don't plan on stopping! How is this not a thing now?!
  • I'm 100% positive that I constantly smell like breast milk
  • There are no words to describe how crazy/beautiful it is to be a mom
Love love love this cream. When Caleb's cute little butt gets irritated or red, we just apply a small amount and it usually heals within a few hours.

Dreft Stain Remover
I use this religiously on all of Caleb's clothing! If the stain is really bad (insert: poop explosion), I'll spot clean with hot water right away before it goes in the washer.

Johnson&Johsnon Hand and Face Wipes
I keep these in Caleb's diaper bag at all times. Perfect for cleaning him up after feedings if we're not at home!

Lamaze Mortimer the Moose
Caleb sure loves his moose! This goes with us everywhere and keeps him busy when we're traveling in the car. It's so cute and colorful! He likes to chew on his antlers right now.

Munchkin Arm & Hammer Diaper Bag
So these are basically dog bags but for baby diapers. Someone gave this to us as a gift and we seriously use this all the time when we are on-the-go.

Nursing Bras
I've used so many different nursing bras and my favorite one that I'd recommend for daily use (which I exclusively wear now) is the Motherhood Maternity Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra. It offers great support and is so comfortable! But really, I loove the sleep bras so much more! My favorites include the Motherhood Maternity Nursing Sleep BraBasics Women‘s Stella Maternity & Nursing Bra, and Basics Women‘s Emma Maternity & Nursing Sleep Bra.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground